COVID-19 :: The Republic of Letters is suspending all live in-person events until further notice, this includes Waterline Writers. We’re working on creating quality online programming for all of our members to enjoy safely from their homes. Stay safe, enjoy your summer, thank you for supporting local artists.
Become a Featured Reader at Waterline Writers!
*Submissions are currently closed.*
When you become a Featured Reader with Waterline Writers, you become part of the family. Not only will you enjoy the support of the community, but your reading will be filmed for public access television and youtube, you will have a table at your disposal to sell your collected works, as well as a small sum from the admission collection.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re published or not, we’re here for a good story. Send us your best and brightest work. We can’t wait to read it!
To be considered as a featured writers please follow our submission guidelines.
Email the following, as 3 attachments, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the words Waterline Writers in the subject line.
- Attach a short bio. You may include your websites, social media handles, and links to purchase your work.
- Attach a photo in JPG or PNG format.
- Attach the work to be read. (PDF is preferred.)
- Time limit is 8-10 minutes when read aloud.
- For prose, 8-10 minutes is about 1750 words.
- Prose writers, put word count in top right corner.
- Poets, send only 8-10 poems, all in one file.
- Spoken word poets, attach video or audio.
- Send only 1 submission per email. If you have sent others, mention them in the email.
- Note your availability for upcoming months.
- Please be patient with us. This is a volunteer-run organization. We cannot always answer emails in as a timely a manner as we’d like. But if six weeks have passed and you haven’t heard back from us, feel free to send us a nudge.
- Why do you need to submit a sample of your work to Waterline Writers?
- We want writers who demonstrate a high level of talent, commitment & passion.
- What you write may affect when we want you to read.
- We want each night to include different types of work.
- If you prefer, skip the submission and read at our 5-minute-limit Open Mic after each event.